Message from the Coordinator (January 2018)
Dear MW SIG Members,
Where has the semester gone? It seems like just yesterday was the first day of the class. For those of you who will some “free time”, Oxford University Press is holding an extension activity contest (See the details below in the Items of Interest). This is just a short message to keep you informed of the activities of your SIG. If you have information that you would be of interest to the membership, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
MW SIG Forum at JALT PanSIG 2018
Missed the deadline to submit a proposal? Still looking for a way to present? We are planning a forum with a tentative title of “Innovations in Materials”. If you are interested in participating, please contact me ASAP.
Items of Interest
1. The Headway Scholarship 2018
Looking for an outlet to showcase your ability to create extension activities? Oxford University Press is currently running a contest. The prize includes:
- A place on the two-week English Language Teachers’ Summer Seminar at Exeter College, Oxford (Sunday 22nd July – Friday 3rd August 2018)
- Your extension activity will be displayed on the Headway Oxford Teacher’s Club website for teachers worldwide to download and use
- Flights and travel to and from Oxford, accommodation and all meals
- A certificate from Oxford University on completion of the course
For more details, see https://elt.oup.com/feature/global/headway_fourth_edition/headway_scholarship_competition
The contest ends on February 12th, 2018.
2. JALT2018 Scholarship
Looking to present at JALT2018 but lack funding? JALT is offering 3 conference fee waivers. For details on eligibility, please go to
Until next time,